Бизнес и инвестиции в Казахстан
KAZAKHSTAN AND THE WORLD COMMUNITY
Kazakhstan’s workmanship as the chairman of the leading Organization of Islamic Cooperation– the OIC– receives positive feedback. The country is also a recognized leader in the global anti-nuclear movement. Kazakhstan is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union (hereinafter – the EAEU) – an international association of economic integration, along with Armenia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Russia. Within the EAEU, the countries secure the free movement of goods, services, capital and labor force, and pursue a coordinated, coherent and unified policy in the sectors of the economy.
In 2015, Kazakhstan joined the World Trade Organization as the 162nd member.
Download Investors Guide 2016 (PDF)
ECONOMIC GEOGRAPHY OF KAZAKHSTAN
Kazakhstan is the 9th largest country of the World with a territory of 2 724 900 sq.km (1 052 085 sq. miles) and with population of 17.6 mln people (urban population – 10.0 mln people (57%) – rural population – 7.6 mln people (43%). The administrative and territorial structure of the country comprises 14 regions and 2 cities of republican significance.
- North Kazakhstan — efficient grain economy, extraction of iron ore and coal, mechanical engineering, production of oil products and ferroalloys, and energy.
- East Kazakhstan – efficient nonferrous industry, energy, mechanical engineering and forestry products.
- West Kazakhstan is one of the largest oil and gas extraction regions.
- Central Kazakhstan – efficient ferrous and nonferrous industries, mechanical engineering, and cattle breeding.
- South Kazakhstan – cotton, rice, wool, grain, fruits, vegetables, grapes; efficient nonferrous industry, instrument manufacturing, light manufacturing, food production, fish farming, and forestry products.
INVEST IN KAZAKHSTAN REGIONS
- List of Business Events in Kazakhstan — 2016
- Database of Investment Projects in Kazakhstan
- List of PPP Investment Projects in Healthcare (rus)
- Healthcare Strategic Partnership Proposal
- INVEST IN ASTANA
- INVEST IN ALMATY
— Commercial Offers for Joint Implementation
- INVEST IN KARAGANDA
- INVEST IN PAVLODAR
— Investment Climate of Pavlodar Region
— List of Projects requiring investments
ASTANA INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE
Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev signed the constitutional law “On the Astana International Financial Centre” (text of the law in rus / eng) on December 7, 2015. The law supports the establishment of the new financial centre, which aims to turn Astana into a regional financial hub by creating favourable and attractive conditions for investment and finance.
Members of the Astana International Financial Centre (AIFC) will be exempt from corporate income tax, property and land taxes until Jan. 1, 2066. The AIFC will follow English law and principles and the standards of the world’s leading financial centres. Read more…
05 January 2016 — «Government Approves New Privatisation Plan for 2016-2020«, AstanaTimes.
A COMPREHENSIVE PRIVATISATION PLAN OF KAZAKHSTAN 2016-2020 (rus)